Introduction to Health Care Data Analytics
This web based 31-hour, introductory level course provides foundational skills and knowledge in health care data analytics that will equip you to contribute more effectively to local data analytics and performance improvement efforts. The convenient online format allows you to complete the assignments on your own schedule.
- Discuss the role of data analytics in quality and performance efforts.
- Describe the tools and techniques used for data analytics in health care organizations.
- Identify techniques to communicate insights gained from data analysis.
If you are new to a role in analytics, using analytics in your work, or simply interested in learning more about analytics, this course is for you! There are no fees, no tuition costs and no prerequisites. Enrollment is limited to 600 per session and is first come, first served. The program is available to interested VA and DOD employees, in any job role, with a valid va.gov or .mil email address.
- Based on the textbook: Trevor L. Strome (2013). Healthcare Analytics for Quality and Performance Improvement. John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- There are no formal prerequisites, however, basic Microsoft Excel skills are strongly recommended
- There are no fees or tuition- course is free to VA and Federal Partner (DOD) students
- Accredited for 31 hours of the following: ACCME, ACCME-NP, ANCC, APA, ACPE, ASWB, NBCC,and NYSED SW. Also approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit (ABPM diplomates may request credit towards ABPM MOC Part 2A (LLSA) requirements).
- Time commitment is approximately 31 hours
Want to Register for an upcoming session?
- Choose ONE session below that you would like to enroll in
- Select the Register icon to register for ONE session
- A new page will open, click on the "Enroll me" button to enroll in the course
- NOTE: Prior to the start of the course, we will contact you via email with orientation dates and any other applicable information
|Summer 2020||6/30/2020||8/25/2020||Course Full!|
Should you have any questions or issues, please contact us at: VHAhi2CertHelp@va.gov